If you feel like you need to spend a lot of money on a battery, get an Eco-Charge
Here is a list of things you can purchase at Radio Shack, Lowes, or a major Hardware store.
** If you don't want to make the wire connection part below, email me and maybe I can help you out. **
|Power Sonic PS-670 6V Lead Acid Battery||621-0260||1||$17|
|Power Sonic PSC-61000A Float Charger||621-0681||1||$48|
|Switchcraft Power Connector||N/A||1||Free|
|20-22 Gauge(AWG) 2 Conductor Speaker Wire(I use 22g)-or Lamp Wire||NA||2-3 ft.||$.32($.16/ft. @ Lowe's)|
|Disconnect Terminals(Female Fast-on connectors)||NA||2||$.64(pack of six @ Lowe's)|
|Heat Shrinkable Tubing||NA||3(2 sm., 1 lg.)||$1.45(Assorted Sizes @ Lowe's)|
1. Strip about 1 inch of both ends of the two conductor wire and slide short(2 inch.) Heat Shrinkable Tubing to one end of the lead/positive wire and negative wire. Slide the heat shrink wraps a couple inches back to leave room to work with the end of the wires.2. Slide a short(3 inch.) Heat Shrinkable Tubing to the end of the other side of the wire, over the postitive/lead and negative ends.
3. Slightly twist the lead/positive wire and the the negative wire of the 2 conductor wire on both ends.
4. Insert the lead/positive wire to the inside of one of the female fast-on connectors and clamp the connector to the wire with a wire cringer.
5. Insert the negative wire to the inside of one of the female fast-on connectors and clamp the connector to the wire with a wire cringer.
6. Attach the other end of the negative wire to the outside(larger) post of the Switchcraft connector and solder the connection.
7. Attach the other end of the lead/positive wire to the inside/center(smaller) post of the Switchcraft connector and solder the connection.
8. Slide the Heat Shrinkable Tubing over the front part(1/4 inch) of the end of the wires with the female fast-on connectors.
Heat the shrink wraps with a shrink wrap gun, or 1-2 inches above an Oven on Medium-High.
9. Fasten the plastic part of the Switchcraft connector to the connector itself.
Slide the heat shrink wraps over the front part(1/2-1 inch) of the end of the wire with the Switchcraft connector.
Heat the shrink wrap with a shrink wrap gun, lighter, or 1-2 inches above an Oven on Medium-High(ouch, be careful!)
Use the "Home" button below only if you don't have a frame on the bottom of the page.
If you do have a frame, use the "Home" link on the frame to return to the "Home" page.