Here is a list of things you can purchase at Radio Shack for the battery pack. It's assumed that you already have electrical tape and 2 conductor wire. You can use any type of 2 conductor wire, such as speaker wire.
|1 D Battery Holder||270-403A||1||.99|
|2 D Battery Holder||270-386A||1||1.59|
|Coax Style DC Power Plug||274-1532||1||$2.99|
|(4.0 X 1.77 mm size)|
|Two conductor wire||n/a||few feet||free|
1. Strip both ends of the two conductor wire and the wire on the Battery Sleds, if necessary.
2. Twist together the positive(Red) wire of the 1 D Battery Sled to the lead/positive wire of the 2 conductor wire. Usually, the lead wire of the 2 conductor wire is striped.
3. Twist the negative(Black) wire of the 1 D Sled to the positive(Red) wire of the 2 D Sled.
4. Twist the negative(Black) wire of the 2 D Sled to the negative wire of the 2 conductor wire.
5. Attatch the other lead(positive) 2 conductor wire with the stripe to the center post of the DC Power plug.
6. Attatch the other lead(negative) without the stripe to the terminal that's for the outside of the DC Power plug.
7. Tape up these connections with electrical tape, load it with batteries, and plug it into your deck.
8. If your deck is not powered, disconnect the pack right away. Check all your connections and double check that the red wire's signal gets to the center of the Sony plug and the black wire's signal gets to the outside of the Sony plug.
Use the "Home" button below only if you don't have a frame on the bottom of the page.
If you do have a frame, use the "Home" link on the frame to return to the "Home" page.